2012 Acura TSX Review
If you and your family are in the market for a premium compact station wagon or sedan in the price range of $31,200-$39,900, then the 2012 Acura TSX from Honda’s premium Acura division would be the car for you. The only change a customer might see in this version of the Acura TSX is the change from a five-speed automatic transmission to a six-speed automatic. This particular car is the least expensive way to try the upscale Acura. You can expect to see the new 2012 Acura on the car lots and showrooms in the fall of 2012.
The big question that is on everyone’s mind, with the economy situation, is whether they should buy a new 2012 Acura TSX or purchase a used or new 2011 Acura TSX. According to the manufacture there will not be any major changes in the Acura TSX until the model year 2014, so either year model will have basically the same features with the exception of possibly more miles on a 2011 Acura TSX and maybe a color choice on the 2012 model.
The 2012 model is part of the second generation in which the four-door station wagon debut. Both the Acura sedan and station wagon are the American versions of the downsized Accord that is sold in Europe by Honda. They just fixed them up to entry-luxury status in the slow below the midsize Acura TL in the U.S. line-up. You will find the 2012 Acura TSX in the premium compact car category because of its exterior dimensions and interior with good front seat space but slightly tight rear seat accommodations. It was originally called the TSX Sport Wagon.
There is not much difference between the station wagon and the sedan as far as size goes. Both body styles will remain the same but the station wagon has more cargo versatility. The station wagon body will be approximately 3.5 inches longer than the sedan with the difference devoted to a rear cargo compartment. It is the largest cargo space of any wagon in its class with 25.8 cubic feet behind the rear seat and increasing to 60.5 cubic feet with the seatbacks folded down. The sedan’s trunk will have a capacity of 14 cubic feet.
The customer will have a choice of two engines but it is not known if they will be divided between the two body styles or if you will have a choice of either engine in the car you choose. The base engine is still going to be a 2.4 liter four-cylinder and will probably still have the 170 pound feet of torque and 207 horsepower. The 2012 Acura TSX will also be available with a V-6 engine with the 3.5 liter engine that is found in the larger TL sedan with 254 pounds of torque and 280 horsepower, which is only available in the sedan. The four-cylinder sedan is going to be available again with the six-speed manual transmission. A five-speed automatic transmission is mandatory on the station wagon and V-6 sedan but if you want it on the four-cylinder it will cost extra.
- Due to Acura policy, which calls for many standard equipment that other car companies charge extra for you will find leather upholstery, heated power front seats, dual-zone automatic climate control.
- Power moon roof and will open via the key control.
- Bluetooth hands-free mobile phone that connect with steering wheel controls
- USB iPod interface with auxiliary audio jack.
- Satellite radio with a 360-wattt7-speaker plus subwoofer audio system
- Rear seatback will fold in a 60/40 split
- The station wagon will have a cargo blind and several storage bins beneath the rear floor.
In regards to the fuel mileage, the manufacture states that they should remain inline with the 2011 Acura TSX. The Acura will continue to require the more expensive premium octane fuel for both engines, and with the rising gas prices can be quite expensive to fuel.
- Sedan with four cylinder manual transmission—21 mpg city and 29 mpg on the highway
- Sedan with five-speed automatic transmission—22 mpg city and 31 mpg on the highway
- Station wagon with either the four-cylinder and five-speed automatic—22 mpg city and 30 mpg on the highway
- Sedan with the V-6 five-speed automatic—19 mpg city and 28 mpg on the highway
The nearest competitors to the 2012 Acura TSX would be the Buick Regal, the Audi A4 and the Volkswagen CC.
By : Patricia Johnson