Acer AS5253-BZ893 Review – 15.6 inch notebook
Acer AS5253-BZ893 is the 15.6 inch notebook pawered by the AMD’s newest Dual core Ontario C-50 processor. If you have not heard about the dual core C-50 processor, it belongs to the AMD’s newest line of the bobcat core based APUs that aims at giving acceptable ( read low) processor performance, decent graphics and a low power. The processor is aimed at low cost notebooks suitable for home and office computing, requiring the word, xl sheet, email etc.
As part of the Acer AS5253-BZ893 Review, we present you the brief specification of this notebook
- AMD Ontario C-50 dual core processor at 1.0 GHz
- ATI Radeon HD 6310 graphics, supports DirectX 11
- 3 GB RAM and 250 GB Hard Disk
- Comes with DVD drive
- 15.6 inch LCD Screen, 1366 x 768 resolution
- Integrated webcam
- Gigabit Wired LAN and 802.11b/g/n wireless interface
- Memory Card Reaser
- HDMI output
- 3 USB Port
Well, the most striking feature of the Acer Aspire AS5253-BZ893 is the HDMI output, decent graphics and its low cost. Available at Fry’s at $359, we certainly recommend it over the many similarly priced Intel’s Atom based netbooks and notebookd, primarily because of the good graphics. The processing power is not great but better than the entry level Atom processors. Acer AS5253-BZ893 comes with a larger 15.6 inch screen and you should not find any lack of processing power for your daily needs.
Another positive aspect is the support for the DVD drive, which you will not find in the entry level notebook. In fact this notebook comes with every feature that you will expect in an entry level notebook, including webcamm three USBs and wired and wireless networking.
Acer Aspire AS5253-BZ893 is a full fledged notebook at an affordable cost and the only drawback is the lack of the processing power for high end computing.
Acer AS5253-BZ893 Pros
- Low cost ( $359 at the time of writing)
- Good Graphics and display
- Comes with HDMI
- Every feature for a typical notebook – webcam, 3 USBs, DVD drive
Acer AS5253-BZ893 Cons
- The processor is good for entry level works but not great for high end computing.
No related posts.