AMD Athlon ii P340 Vs Pentium P6100
The AMD Athlon ii P340 and the Intel’s Pentium P6100 are found in a large number of entry level notebooks. If you have closely watched the prices of the notebooks, you will also find them one of the most cost effective notebooks in entry level segments. So what is the difference and do the Athlon ii P340 and P6100 compare ? Read on ….
- Both AMD Athlon ii P340 as well as the Pentium P6100 are dual core processor.
- Both have integrated memory controllers – so fast memory to CPU communication.
- AMD Athlon ii P340 as well as the Pentium P6100 do not support hyperthreading ( Intel’s core i3 processors do).
- Athlon ii P340 is a 2.2 GHz part while the Pentium P6100 is a 2.00 GHz part.
- The most important parameter that seem to make a difference is the Cache. The Athlon ii P340 has 1024 MB of Cache while the Pentium P6100 has 3 MB of L3 Cache ( the Intel’s smart Cache).
- The Pentium P6100 has Integrated GPU unit ( helps reduce system cost), Athlon ii P340 has none.
Given this background the only other way to compare the two processor is the benchmark. We present here some of the benchmark results that we have researched and found.
- The SuperPi 2M timing for the Athlon ii P340 is 72 seconds Vs 52 seconds for Pentium P6100, indicating supremacy of P6100 over the Athlon ii P340
- The Windows 7 Experience index for the Athlon ii P340 is 5.3 Vs the 5.7 index score for Pentium P6100. Windows 7 Experience index is a crude way of telling the processor’s performance score.
- 3DMark06 CPU score for Athlon ii P340 is 1741 which trails behind the Pentium P6100′s score of 1835.
Did you know ?
You can do the Super Pi 2M of your system very easily. Read how to do super pi 2M benchmarking.
It is therefore logical to conclude that the Athlon ii P340 is a slower processor when compared to P6100 even when it has slightly higher operating frequency. Obviously, the gap between the Athlon ii P340 and the core i3 processors will be even wider.
We expect that this analysis will help buyers when choosing entry level notebook.
No related posts.