How to convert PADS PowerPCB file to Allegro brd file
It IS possible to covert the PADS powerPCB file into Allegro brd file. There is no straightforward similar procedure for converting Allegro brd file to PADS file. Allegro is more sophisticated in terms of database and there may not be corresponding entities in the PADS.
So here is the procedure to Convert PADS file into Allegro brd file.
1. Open pads powerpcb ( PADS layout) and open the file that you want to convert to allegro file.
2. Click on File and then click Export.
3. This will export the file in ascii format. Save the file a known location.
4. Open the PCB Editor in the Allegro.
5. Click on File -> Import -> Pads. It should look something similar to
6. The first and the last field should be straight forward. Enter the ascii file name in the first list and the file that you want to export in the second field. Give any arbitrary name in the second field.
7. Click Run. This should give you an exported file. Open that file and allegro to see it looks meaningful.