How to find a motherboard for a given Processor
Q. How to find a motherboard for a given Processor
A. People find it difficult to find what motherboard will be supported by a given processor. This guide will help in this direction.
1. Search for the Specification of the Processor. It is good to rely upon the Intel’s website directly ( or AMD’s site, if it is available).
2. From the Processor datasheet, look for the Type of the socket that the processor fits in. Sometimes a socket is known by long name and a popular name. Like the core i3-2100 is listed as FCLGA1155 but is popularly known as LGA1555
3. Go to amazon, ebay, newegg or other similar sites selling the motherboards. Now, enter the socket name and the motherboard in the search result.
4. Narrow your search result with the kind of chipset you want, connectivity features, maximum memory speed and of course price.
5. Always try to read reviews and make sure that, in general, the motherboard has not been reported buggy.