Intel core i7-2630qm vs i7-2720qm comparison and differences
Intel core i7-2630qm and i7-2720qm are both Sandy Bridge processors. The main difference is the normal operating frequency – while the Intel core i7-2630qm has nominal core frequency of 2 GHz, the core i7-2720qm is clocked at 2.2 GHz.
However, there are other subtle differences that makes i7-2720qm better than the more popular core i7-2630qm. Here is a the list of three most important differences.
– The Max core Turbo frequency of the core i7-2630qm is 2.9 GHz while that of the core i7-2720qm is 3.3 GHz
– The max DDR3 frequency rating for the core i7-2630qm is DDR-1333 while the core i7-2720qm can support upto DDR3-1600. Theoretically, it will mean a through put of 25.6 GB/s in Core i7-2720qm as compared to 21.3 GB/s in core i7-2630qm.
– The other notable improvement in the core i7-2720qm comes in the form of the turbo frequency of the graphics section. While both the processors have base graphics clock frequency of 650 MHz, the core i7-2720qm has better 1.3 GHz turbo core frequency, as compared to 1.1 GHz for core i7-2630qm.
You with 200 MHz or 10% increase in the processor core frequency, you may expect an improvement of the order of 7 to 10% in the core i7-2720qm. The improvement may be more marked if the DDR1600 is used in conjunction with the the 2720qm.
So how much is the difference in the performance – Check out the core i7-2630qm vs i7-2720qm performance difference.
Here are some more differences.
– Intel core i7-2720qm has support for WiDI diplay – the core i7-2630qm doe has none.
– The core i7-2720qm has support for the Intel Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) while the core i7-2630qm has none.
– The core i7-2720qm supports Intel My WiFi Technology which core i7-2630qm does not.
– The core i702720qm has been listed with support for 4G WiMAX Wireless Technology