Intel Dual Core, Core 2 Duo, Core i3 and Core i5
We will briefly describe the difference between the Dual core, Core 2 Duo, the core i3 and Core i5 processor to help readers know some basic information. So, here is it.
1. Given the same clock rate the performance in increasing order is as follows ( Well, as most of you already know)
Core 2 Duo
2. The Core 2 Duo Processor has performance advantage over the dual core mainly because of the higher cache memory.
3. The Intel core i3 and core i5 processors have significantly different architecture. They have integrated memory controller, as opposed to Front Side Bus and in the Dual core and core 2 Duo processors. They also have integrated graphics unit.
3. The Core i3 and core i5 processors have Hyperthreading enabled. The Intel Dual core and Core 2 Duo do not have Hyperthreading support.
4. The Intel core i5 processors have Turbo boost function enable. In the turbo boost functionality, the frequency of the processor temporarily increases to cater for the temporary increase in the demand of the processing power.