Intel Pentium P6100 Vs AMD Turion II P540
The purpose of this article is to bring out similarity and the differences in the two entry level processors – the Intel’s Pentium P6100 and AMD’s Turion ii P540. Read on …
– Both the Intel Pentium P6100 and AMD Turion II P540 are dual core processors.
– Intel Pentium P6100 has a nominal clock frequency of 2 GHz , AMD Turion II P540 is clocked at 2.4 GHz.
– Intel Pentium P6100 has 512 KB L2 Cache and 3 MB of shared L3 Cache, AMD’s Turion II P540 has 2 MB of L2 Cache ( 1 MB each core).
– Both have integrated memory controller.
– None of these processors have support for Hyperthreading.
– Pentium P6100 has Differential DMI Bus for chipset communication, Turion ii P540 has HyperTransport
So what is your guess ? Which processor is better. The only way to find is to check a benchmarking results. We have gathered the benchmark results from a number of places and are presenting to you to make a decision.
Unfortunately we have too few data to conclude. The only figure that we could find is the passmark score which is 1563 for Pentium P6100 and 1530 for AMD’s Turion ii P540, suggesting supremacy of the Pentium P6100.
The Super Pi 2M score is 52 seconds for Pentium P6100. The Super Pi time for the Turion ii P540 is 60 seconds.
– The Windows 7 Experience index for the for Turion ii P540 is unavailable ( we request readers to send their score by commenting in at the end of article) Vs the 5.7 index score for Pentium P6100. Windows 7 Experience index is a crude way of telling the processor’s performance score.
– 3DMark06 CPU score for Turion ii P540 is unavailable ( results awaited) – The Pentium P6100′s has a score of 1835.
We expect that the Turion ii P540 is marginally poorer than the Pentium P6100, though we do not have enough data to say it conclusively.
We expect that this analysis will help buyers when choosing entry level notebook.