Samsung RV 511 Laptop Review
Samsung introduced the RV 511 Laptops for the first time at CES 2011.
The Samsung RV-511 is powered by the Intel Core i3-380M – a dual core processor clocked at 2.53 GHz. How fast is the processor and how does it compares with other processors ? Read in
Best Buy has 99 reviews for the Samsung RV-511 at the time of writing and the average score is 4.6 out of 5, demonstrating higher user confidence in the notebook.
What Users have found Good About Samsung RV-511
– The looks is decent and sexy, especially the white shining color.
– Users are in general please with the keyboard in particular and the mousepad action in general.
– The light weight and its slim design won appreciation from customers.
– The core i3-380M processor was generally fast enough for a common customer.
– The ability to project the content on LCD HDTV with HDMI connector was appreciated.
What drawbacks users have pointed with RV-511
– Sporadic incidences of DVD / Hard Disk failure and sleep issue, where it will take long to wake up. Could not be verified.
– It was pointed out that the notebook does not has good graphics capability for gaming.
Samsung RV 511 Features:
• This RV 511 laptop will be powered through Core i3-380M processor.
• System memory of Samsung RV 511 is 4 GB DDR3 RAM
• Hard drive of this laptop is 500GB which spins at 5400 rpm.
• It is integrated Intel HD GT2 graphics.
• It can run on any operating system and will be supplied with a Genuine Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition.
• Samsung RV 511 comes with 15.6-inchesHD LED-backlit SuperBrite Plus with a resolution of 1366 x 768 pixels.
• It is arranged with 3 watt built-in speakers for good sound quality.
• It is equipped with Lithium Polymer battery to offer 6.5-hours battery life for the notebook.
The RV 511 laptops are thin multimedia laptops at an inexpensive price. This will feature 15.6-inch display and older Core i3-380M processor. This laptop will come at $599.
Samsung also introduced the Latest Sandy Bridge 2nd-Gen Core i7-2630M processors based notebooks at CES 2011. Since many days people are eagerly waiting to look into the Sandy Bridge processors performance and now it has been a great reality through Samsung RC512 laptops.
These RV 511 laptops are developed keeping in mind the MacBook Air trend and want to stand as a competition for these notebooks. These RV 511 series laptops are thinner and lighter and 15.6-inch screen notebooks. Currently these notebooks are available in the market and gaining attention from all the sectors.
A note on the latest Sandy Bridge processors:
Intel succeeded in creating a history through launching their sandy Bridge line of processors. These are belongs to completely next-generation. In fact, Sandy Bridge is a codename given to these next-generation processors and now these are comes under the 2010 Intel Core Processor family. The innovation that is paired with these processors are the 32nm manufacturing process on the company’s second-generation high-k metal gate transistors and Intel HD graphics integrity on to the 32nm die.
Now, this all new 2010 Intel Core Processor family is making waves through integrating graphics for the first time into mainstream PC processor. Stunning visuals will be more reality through this approach along with smooth high-definition video playback. Intel also said as “It’s also the industry’s first integrated solution to deliver multi-channel Dolby TrueHD and DTS Premium Suite home theatre audio”.
The new processors will be seen as the Core i7 and i5 variants and comes with Intel Turbo Boost Technology to allow cores temporarily run at a higher operating frequency than the base frequency.