The 2012 Toyota Tacoma – Advance Information
If you are looking for a compact pickup that will give you off road ability, toughness, and variety, the 2012 Toyota Tacoma is the one for you. This model is going to be virtually unchanged from the 2011 Toyota Tacoma. Considering that both models will be identical in both engineering and looks, it does not matter if you purchase the 2011 model or wait for the new 2012 model. The basic shape and dimensions of the 2012 model will stay the same as it has since this particular Tacoma debuted as a 2005 model.
These body styles account for this percentage of the sales:
* The regular cab body style represents about 15 percent
* The Access Cab extended cab represents about 31 percent
* The Double Cab crew cab represents about 54 percent
By offering three styles of cabs, it gives Toyota the edge over much of the compact pickup competition. Toyota also offers three wheelbases, which include a 140.6 inch span for the Double Cab. There are also three bed lengths to choose from. The regular cabs can seat up to three people, the Access Cab will add small, rear-hinged back doors and will seat four. This is with two forward facing rear jump seats. The Double Cab will have four conventional side doors and a rear bench to enable seating for five passengers.
When it comes to engines, customers will more than likely have two to choose from. These engine sizes include the 4.0 liter V-6 or the 2.7 liter four-cylinder engine and both engines can be mated with an automatic or manual transmission. The Tacoma trailer ratings will again max out at 6,500 pounds with a payload capacity at around 1.570 pounds.
Again, the prices will not be announced until the 2012 Tacoma goes on sale but with the previous pricing the basic price range, including destination fees, could be between $16,500 to $28,000. The price ranges will be approximately:
* Access Cab—base price range between $21,000 to $26,000.
* Double Cab—base price range around $25,500.
* 4wd Double Cab—base price around $28,000.
The mileage estimates for the 2012 model have not been announced but based on previous models, they should be:
* Four-cylinder, 2wd should be 20/26 mph city/highway with a manual transmission and 19/25 mpg city/highway with an automatic transmission.
* Four-cylinder, 4wd should be 17/22 mpg city/highway with a manual transmission and 16/21 mpg city/highway with an automatic transmission.
* V-6, 2wd should be 15/18 mpg city/highway with a manual transmission and 17/21 mpg city/highway with an automatic transmission.
* V-6. 4wd should be 14/18 mpg city/highway with a manual transmission and 16/20 mpg city/highway with an automatic transmission.
The Toyota Tacoma 2012 should be in the showrooms by fall of 2011.
Patricia Johnson contributed to this article for starredreviews. We will bring you more in depth news and details when the car launches.’