Home > Notebook Reviews > Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 review

Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 review

January 23rd, 2011 Leave a comment Go to comments


Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 is yet another 15.6″ notebook in the L655 series. The Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 is powered by the Intel’s Pentium P6200, a dual core processor clocked at 2.13 GHz. Among other notable features is the HDMI output and the integrated webcam. The notebook has a MSRP ( Manufacturer Suggested Retail Price ) of $564, and , according to Toshiba, it is made exclusively for Officemax.

As part of the Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 review, we present you a quick features at a glace, that saves your time in going through the detailed review. So here it goes.

– Intel Pentium P6200 ( 2.13 GHz, dual core, 3 MB L3 Cache, no hyperthreading)
– 4GB RAM and 320 GB Hard Disk
– 15.6 inch LCD screen at 1366 x 768 resolution, graphics engine by ATI Radeon HD 4250
– HDMI output
– 2 USB 2.0 and a eSATA / USB combo port
– DVD writer
– Wired and Wireless connectivity support
– Memory Card Reader


If this specification seems to fitting for the $564, you may like to head to Office Dept to check the prices that it offers. Otherwise go ahead and read the details of the individual components of the Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154.

Processor

The Pentium P6200 that powers the Toshiba Satellite L655-S5154 has the same architecture as the Arrandale based core i3 processor, so, it inherits the exotic properties of the core i3 processors, including the modest 3 MB L3 Cache, integrated memory controller and the integrated GPU. However, the Pentium P6200 has Hyperthreading disabled, so you will find its performance slightly low in multithreaded environment. At 2.13 GHz clock frequency the processor should be decent for your entry level processing tasks.

RAM and Hard Disk

Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5154 comes with 4 GB of DDR3 RAM and 320 GB of hard disk.

Display

The Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5154 comes with 15.6 inch screen that comes with a resolution of 1366 x 768. It is driven by the ATI Radeon 4250 graphics engine. If you are a normal notebook user, who does not play high end games ( 90% of the users fall in this category), you should be fine with the display quality. For the rest 10% who need to play high end games, you may like to know that ATI Radeon 4250 supports DirectX 10 and you will have to keep the setting in low or medium in games like WOW and NBA 2K10. The Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5154 also comes with HDMI connector that you can use to display the contents on an HDTV or a projector, that supports HDMI input.

Other Features

You will find Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5154 equipped with other features that most notebooks today come with. It has webcam that you can use for video chat. The two USB 2.0 connectors can be used to hook any USB device. The eSATA port is useful for any external hard drive that can be hooked to this notebook.

Bottom Line

The Toshiba Satellite L655D-S5154 is priced at $564 according to the MSRP. This is a price commensurate to its performance. If you are looking for a lower cost, you may like to check the AMD’s Athlon ii P340 based L655D notebook.

Categories: Notebook Reviews Tags:
  1. No comments yet.